It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Re: Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby targetbsp » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm getting bad texture flicker on the Steam version of the game. Any graphic detail setting higher than low causes it. Even on low the word 'score' at the top flickers occasionally. It's most noticeable in the clouds on highest detail on the level 1 intro.
I'm using an ATI 6850 with Catalyst 11.3 but I have tried other drivers and it occurs in Catalyst versions 11.1 to 11.4(preview). In 10.12 the game just looks a complete mess so earlier drivers are a no go!

On another note, on low detail at least, when I go my first achievement, the entire screen went black for a noticeable length of time. If I was in a fight, that could have been game over!

[edit]
I should say though, I have played level 1 to 3 at a friends and this is an awesome game. The presentation values are amazing for an indie game. I particularly like the voiceover - probably because it's British for a change! :)

[edit2]
I forgot to say I've tried various settings in the Catalyst drivers, default, my own preferred settings and everything toggled to the opposite of my own settings and none of it helps.
targetbsp

Postby Boisvert83 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:14 pm

The game installs and starts up just fine. I have no sound issues. However, whenever I click the mouse to move the player it gets stuck as if the mouse button has been held down and he just runs after the arrows in front of him I cannot stop him except to run him into a building. I have restarted the game same issue I will try to re install and see if that fixes it.

****Can play the game just fine by setting to "Keyboard" controlls. but is less fun...
Boisvert83

Postby lusos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 pm

First sorry for my bad english.

And look at this, I'm stuck in the last mission after destroying the mothership who was put on a tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFWGCM0quqo
lusos

Postby TrikkyMakk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Since Steam support can't seem to be bothered to reply to me, I get the following in the event log when I (try to) run the game:

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\anomaly warzone earth\AnomalyWarzoneEarth.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest.
TrikkyMakk

Crash on startup

Postby LogicalMeans » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:01 am

Hey all,

So i just purchased A:WE through Steam, and was very excited to bust into it.

Sadly, it just wont start.

I try to launch it through steam: the screen turns white, and I get a "AnomalyWarzoneEarth.exe" has stopped working.
I try to launch the .exe file directly, same thing.

Ive tried reinstalling, rebooting, updating, and just about everything else.

Any ideas?

Im running Vista with a T4200 Dual Core at 2GHz, 3GB RAM, fully updated DirectX 10, and a generic Intel Series 4 Video Card. (I know, I know....)
LogicalMeans

Postby tunix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am

TrikkyMakk wrote:Since Steam support can't seem to be bothered to reply to me, I get the following in the event log when I (try to) run the game:

Have you tried reinstalling Steam? I'm not Steam expert, so I have no idea what that bug means...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Re: Crash on startup

Postby tunix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 am

LogicalMeans wrote: Im running Vista with a T4200 Dual Core at 2GHz, 3GB RAM, fully updated DirectX 10, and a generic Intel Series 4 Video Card. (I know, I know....)

Most probably the Intel Video Card is an issue. It's below the minimum specs required, as it does't implement correctly certain features required by game renderer code.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 am

I bought this game on Steam, however when I run it each time Norton 360 (SONAR) detects the program as a threat that is 'behaving suspiciously' and it is removed from the System.
Andy

Postby tunix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 am

Andy wrote:I bought this game on Steam, however when I run it each time Norton 360 (SONAR) detects the program as a threat that is 'behaving suspiciously' and it is removed from the System.

It's due to Steam DRM system. Please add the game to the white list if possible or disable Norton for a while.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby TrikkyMakk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:25 pm

@tunix

I get this error in the event log when I run the executable directly. It is some sort of conflict between runtime dependencies with the game. Please advise.
TrikkyMakk

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3