It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:00 am

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Re: Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby LogicalMeans » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:56 am

tunix wrote:I believe there is little chance to run the game with Intel card. Could you please check what exact model is it?

As far as I can tell, it's an Intel GMA 4500MHD, running Driver version 7.15.10.1502.
(I assume a GM45, but I could be mistaken.)

This doesnt give much of a lead, since it's still a piece of shit card. But.....
LogicalMeans

Postby aliset » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm

tunix wrote:
aliset wrote:The last time I encountered this issue specifically was with Starcraft 2's UI pre-patch that would render at ~140 FPS and reset my computer. If AWE were to limit itself to 60 FPS or so, you might prevent this from happening.

The fps should be limited by the refresh rate of your monitor (typically 60Hz) unless you enforced vsync off in the driver settings.

Tunix, I set my ATI card to have vsync "default to on" and it seems to fix the issue. I can tell you that many people have vsync default to off (I think it was the default for my card, but not entirely sure about that). Old advice used to be "disable vsync unless you see tearing".

Anyway, my problem's fixed and I thank you for it!
aliset

Postby toxy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Still not getting any sound in the game. I get the black screen deal but I can hit Esc to get past that. The game appears to run fine otherwise but there is no sound at all. I updated directx and tried what was suggested about the vc++ redist in the game directory but haven't seen any changes.

Has anyone else gotten this issue fixed any other ways?
toxy

Postby tunix » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 pm

toxy wrote:Still not getting any sound in the game. I get the black screen deal but I can hit Esc to get past that. The game appears to run fine otherwise but there is no sound at all. I updated directx and tried what was suggested about the vc++ redist in the game directory but haven't seen any changes.
Has anyone else gotten this issue fixed any other ways?

And what's your hardware? What sound card?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby coinich » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:46 am

I have the same problem as LogicalMeans, and my specs are higher. I have 3GB RAM, 2.66GHz processor, and also have an Intel Series 4 graphics chip. I tried downloading the VC++ redistributable, but that didn't change a thing. Is the Intel chip a problem, and if so, can I get a refund from Steam?
coinich

Postby tunix » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am

Yes, it's the intel chip. Regarding the refund - please contact Steam support.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby Szasza » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I have a Dell Vostro 3750, with an 1GB NVIDIA GT525 M video card. During gameplay, the shadows are pixelated like hell. You can see the problem under the left part of "Click..." box. Sometimes (if there are lots of objects in the screen, houses & trees mostly) the whole screen is pixelated, and I cannot see anything. Image
Szasza

Postby delphi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 am

Hi, I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but the game randomly crashes for me. It happens at seemingly random times in any mission (but not all the time). The screen gets solid gray/beige, the sound sometimes repeats a short loop, and everything is frozen, requiring a hard reset. I've got up-to-date NVIDIA drivers for my GeForce 9800 GT. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really like the game, but it's frustrating not being able to get through the missions!
delphi

Postby RomanianEgghead » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 am

Hello,

I just got this game on Steam and opened it, the game launches an 11bit icon, then plays an intro cinematic, then goes to a black screen with a spinning loading symbol in the bottom right. The game then stays on this loading screen indefinitely until I have to force quit the game.

My computer is a desktop running 64 bit windows 7. The drivers are up to date and I have played much more demanding games than this on my desktop which makes me believe it is not a hardware issue. I have a six-core AMD processor (Phenom II X6 1090T), 8 gb ram, and an nVidia GTX 470.

Any help to get this game running would be appreciated.
RomanianEgghead

Postby tunix » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Delphi, RomanianEgghead, could you please post your DX diag log files? Maybe this will give me an idea what is causing the problem.
tunix
11 bit guy

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3