It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:27 am

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Re: Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby boltz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:50 am

tunix wrote:Did you try to reboot after installing the redist?

Yup, did that.

Edit: I've also tried the solutions recommended in the Steam FAQ for this particular problem and no luck there either.
boltz

Postby tunix » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:30 pm

boltz wrote:Edit: I've also tried the solutions recommended in the Steam FAQ for this particular problem and no luck there either.

I tried to google for the solution, as I cannot reproduce the problem on-site. The problem seems to happen with different software under vista. Please take a look at the solution proposed here:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/65236/

Let me know if you can apply it to your situation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby boltz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Well I was able to delete that manifest file indicated in one of the posts, but I still get the same error. It sounds like one of the manifest files is the issue, but I have no idea which one it could be. If I can't figure it out over the next day or two, I'll have to try asking Steam for a refund. It sucks since I was really looking forward to playing your game.
boltz

Postby aliset » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 am

On Mission 06, after destroying the second power generator and during the "reveal effects" that occur after, my computer reliably hard-resets.

I believe this is due to a cooling issue on my part (either on the graphics card or the system, not sure yet), but here's my question: does AWE framelimit itself or render as many FPS as it can?

The last time I encountered this issue specifically was with Starcraft 2's UI pre-patch that would render at ~140 FPS and reset my computer. If AWE were to limit itself to 60 FPS or so, you might prevent this from happening.

If you're already doing that, my apologies. Just wanted you to be aware.
aliset

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:06 am

boltz wrote:Well I was able to delete that manifest file indicated in one of the posts, but I still get the same error. It sounds like one of the manifest files is the issue, but I have no idea which one it could be. If I can't figure it out over the next day or two, I'll have to try asking Steam for a refund. It sucks since I was really looking forward to playing your game.

Have you tried the demo version? It it stars the problem definitely relates to a manifest fie.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 am

aliset wrote:The last time I encountered this issue specifically was with Starcraft 2's UI pre-patch that would render at ~140 FPS and reset my computer. If AWE were to limit itself to 60 FPS or so, you might prevent this from happening.

The fps should be limited by the refresh rate of your monitor (typically 60Hz) unless you enforced vsync off in the driver settings.
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby LogicalMeans » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm

wrongshui wrote:
I have solved my own problem! Go me!

I have been teaching myself C++ and working through a DirectX9 programming book so I had ramped up the debugging with the SDK.

LogicalMeans is it prossible we have the same problem?

If it isn't it smells like a DX issue chum.

Im really not sure, but it's a possibility that it's the same problem.

At this point, Im willing to try anything, since I paid for a game that's totally not working.

Im interested in hearing how you managed this workaround, and Im sure that others are as well.

Either way, great job being your own tech support!
LogicalMeans

Postby boltz » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Success!! I got the game working after Windows Update detected a security update for the VC++ redist today. That security update was published on 4/12, so I'm not sure why it was only detected today, but I installed it, rebooted, and launched the game (make sure to reboot even though it doesn't prompt you to)! Hope this helps anyone else having this issue. And thanks Tunix for your patience!
boltz

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:37 pm

boltz wrote:Success!! I got the game working after Windows Update detected a security update for the VC++ redist today. That security update was published on 4/12, so I'm not sure why it was only detected today, but I installed it, rebooted, and launched the game (make sure to reboot even though it doesn't prompt you to)! Hope this helps anyone else having this issue. And thanks Tunix for your patience!

My pleasure. Enjoy the game!
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:43 pm

LogicalMeans wrote:At this point, Im willing to try anything, since I paid for a game that's totally not working.

Im interested in hearing how you managed this workaround, and Im sure that others are as well.

Either way, great job being your own tech support!

I believe there is little chance to run the game with Intel card. Could you please check what exact model is it?
tunix
11 bit guy

PreviousNext

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3