It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:03 am

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby admin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:20 pm

You've found a bug that stops you playing Anomaly Warzone Earth on your PC.

Please report it here.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Any crucial bug in Anomaly WE on your PC? Hit it here.

Postby Enmoku » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:27 pm

My system hung with the whole screen turned dark orange in second mission slightly after being told to go right when the left got a bunch more turrets "blasters" spawned there and destroying some other other route (but before reaching the next intersection). I haven't experienced this kind of crashes in other games in ages, so I can't assume the cause is my computer.

As additional note, I was swapping back and forth the Steam overlay more than usual prior to the crash due to a friend demanding attention. Just feeling this could be related.

Attempt to start the game after this resulted in a crash pointing at d3d9 file or some such, after which it worked fine again. May have had something to do with me hitting Esc a bit enthusiastically to skip the videos :P

I have GeForce GTX 460 (2GB), which I believe is the only relevant bit of hardware.

Update #1: Tried a second time, and it crashed near the same spot. Disabled Steam overlay this time tho, so that's ruled out now at least. Crash occurred right after the guy finished saying "Some kind of a Blaster". The previous crash was between the next two intersections, but this happened before them. Both times I had to resort to pushing the reset button instead of alt-tabbing or ctrl-alt-del'ing out of it.

Update #2: Managed to play without crashing by lowering detail level from default (high) to low. Doesn't really give any clues on the crashing for me, but I guess the devs know what the detail level adjusts. I'm fine with the game working like this, tho. But fix is always appreciated :)
Last edited by Enmoku on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enmoku

Postby syspt » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 pm

I installed the game, when i launch it, it says its missing a X3DAudio1_7.dll. So i googled it and DLed it. After, it says its missing a D3DX9_43.dll, so i googled it and DLed it. Now the game actually starts but after the 11bit studio, screen turns black.. :(
syspt

Postby Tarodent » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:36 pm

I just got the game on Steam, it installes, i get the bit11 logo, then black screen, if i press space, then it continues, but there is no sound in the game at all
Tarodent

Postby syspt » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:04 pm

actually Tarodent is right.. im able to skip the black screen hitting space.. but no sound ingame..
syspt

Postby sokolov » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Updated your video and sound drivers? (I know this might be elementary to some of you... but many people don't do this.)
sokolov

Postby Justus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:33 am

Try downloading the latest DirectX 9 runtime:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
Justus

Postby phfor » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 am

Trying to play this - getting a gamebreaker bug. The various buttons (for instance on the main menu, and upgrade screens) have a tendency (about 80% or so of the time, it seems) to will themselves out of existence when highlighted. Makes for an interesting game when half the stuff you need to click on decides to vanish.

Screenshot: http://img843.imageshack.us/i/buttonsd.jpg/ < main menu, minus buttons.

Quitting the game (all praise alt-f4) then restarting it up again resets all the buttons, but it takes all of a few seconds to start bugging out again.
phfor

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I will try to help, however I need more info on your specific hardware configurations. Could you please let me know what is your operating system, video card, driver version? The more the better...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby bascoverde » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi, I had the same problems of the other guys: missing dll, black screen and no sound in game. I fixed them in this way:

1. missing dll: download the missing files from internet and put them in the System32 folder (C:\windows\system32\).

2. black screen after starting the game: go in your personal firewall and set the "AnomalyWarzoneEarth.exe" as a secure application, start the game and after the 11 Bit Studio logo press ESC.

3. no sound: download the latest directx from the link provided by Justus.

I have a question: is there a way to play the game windowed or to switch from the full screen mode in the windowed mode?
bascoverde

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3