It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:55 am

Demo from Steam, Full from Gamersgate, still demo?

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

Demo from Steam, Full from Gamersgate, still demo?

Postby foober » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 am

Bit cryptic that subject, isn't it?

I downloaded the demo from Steam. Loved it.
Noticed that the cost on Steam was £8.99, while the cost on gamersgate was £6.29. For £2.70, I figured it was worth downloading from Gamer's gate.
Bought it on Gamer's gate, downloaded it, and installed it over the demo.

Ran the game, and it still thinks it's a demo!

If I go to Steam, and try to "activate" the game with the serial code given to me from Gamer's Gate, I'm told it's an Invalid Product Code.

Okay, so I removed "local content" from within Steam, and then reinstalled. To get Steam to see it, I installed it as "a non-steam game".

This let me launch the game, where I needed to insert the serial from Gamer's Gate to activate it. (On a £6.29 game? Really?)

Anyway, is there anyway to make these two sources play nice? It's the same game. Shouldn't Steam "just" update the game automatically when bugfixes come out?

-Ken
foober

Re: Demo from Steam, Full from Gamersgate, still demo?

Postby tunix » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:04 am

I'm not sure I understand. Did you install the gamers gate version in the steamapps directory?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anomaly Warzone Earth Team Member
tunix
11 bit guy

Postby foober » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:22 am

Yes, it was installed into the Steam directory.
foober

Postby admin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Those are separate versions. Technically we can't make a game via GamersGate that supports SteamWorks features. You just need to run your version regularly - out of Steam.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3