It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am

"Diversity is Fun" issue?

So here we talk about anything that touches technical issues of Anomaly Warzone Earth for your PC and / or Mac computer and consoles (X360, PS3) as well. Please ask for technical support here.

"Diversity is Fun" issue?

Postby Achilleus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi there.

Using the Steam version of the game, I've tried to get this achievement several times now using mission 13 and 14 of the Story Mode. Basically, I get to the end of the mission and before I kill the last tower I switch to a "diverse" squad (one vehicle of each sort) and then finish the level. However, I never get the achievement.

So either I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug at play.

Also, could you publish a web page with a detailed account of the way scoring works: what are towers worth point-wise and money-wise? How much do abilities saved at the end of a mission bring home? Etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
Achilleus

Re: "Diversity is Fun" issue?

Postby admin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi,
Yeah, good idea, some day I would do a post on the blog with info on scoring.

Diversity is fun works in such way: you need to buy a squad built of different units at the very beginning of the level and finish the mission with this squad, so buying it in the middle of a mission will not work.
thx
admin
Site Admin

Postby Achilleus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 pm

admin wrote:Hi,
Yeah, good idea, some day I would do a post on the blog with info on scoring.

Diversity is fun works in such way: you need to buy a squad built of different units at the very beginning of the level and finish the mission with this squad, so buying it in the middle of a mission will not work.
thx

Thanks for your quick answer.

May I then suggest that you modify the wording of the achievement description to:

"Complete a mission with a squad composed of 6 different units bought at the beginning the mission without losing any."

The only achievements I've still to get are a few directness and squad assault medals. However, it's really very difficult sometimes to appreciate the margin the game gives us to get the directness medals. I'm ranked 80th or so on the Steam Global Leaderboard, so I have a good grasp of the game. Maybe you could consider indicating a maximum ETA to get the Directness medal for a given mission, and maybe a minimum kill % for the ruthlessness medal and maximum $ loss for the efficiency one (for instance, when playing Tokyo Raid in the timed sections, it's impossible to kill everything with the squad, but how many towers can I let live and not kill with bombs?). In other words, I think you should consider giving the player a bit more information to make good tactical decisions. The pathfinder screen would be a good place to display those pieces of information IMHO.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
Achilleus

Postby madooeiei » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:10 am

madooeiei

Postby jiuer7845 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:38 am

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:34 am

jiuer7845

Next

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth technical issues & support for: PC, Mac, X360 and PS3