It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Store Problems

As the name says - this is tech support for Android, Win, Mac and Linux

Store Problems

Postby kflinderman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm having difficulties in the store. When I attempt to purchase some items (for example right now it's Mindy and Maxwell) the game will restart and then when I go back into the store and press buy again I get a window within the game that is titled "Piggy Bank" and then has a loading wheel with "Loading ---" This goes on forever unless I press back. It's still not purchased, and I still have all my coins.

The weird thing is, I have still bought other items. I have Ronald Bacon, Sneaky Saki, and some of the time upgrades. Everything else works just fine as far as I can tell.

I am playing on a Nexus 10 Android version 4.2.2
kflinderman

Re: Store Problems

Postby Friendly_NPC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 pm

I am having the same issue.

I just got this for beating the average on the Humble Mobile Bundle. Whenever I try to purchase any 'Funky Textures" I get stuck on a Piggy Bank loading screen, I've let it run for over 45 minutes and there was no change. I have managed to make purchases of "Item Packs" and "X-Ray Toolset" upgrades with no issue.

Using a Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 running Android 4.0.3
Friendly_NPC

Postby kflinderman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 am

I don't know if this makes a difference as well, but I also got this through the Humble Bundle
kflinderman

Postby psam » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:02 pm

I am experiencing this same issue with the Bonus Life Slot. It either crashes when i click Buy or else gets stuck at the Piggy Bank spinner. I have purchased both Music Tracks, several Toolset and Upgrades, and Flower Power Texture successfully.
psam

Postby 11bitQA » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 am

Hi guys, we know about this bug and we are very sorry that you're experiencing issues with our game. As of right now we can't give you any ETA on the fix because we have limited resources but rest assured that the issue will be adressed in one of future updates.
11bitQA

Postby Thursday1977 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Just to add my two cents on this, and this is more for newcomers and those who are still experiencing the issue as I would imagine that 11bitQA is already aware, the cause of the problem seems to be a mismatch between the listed cost of items and the ACTUAL cost of items.

To explain, I noticed yesterday that after purchasing the Mob items pack (forget the exact name) more than the listed $1,100 in cash was removed from the piggy bank. I didn't make note of exactly how much more as I was only aware that I had more than $2,000 in coins BEFORE the purchase, but less than $900 after. Today I tried this again: I purchased Ronald Bacon whose listed cost is $3,300. I had $5,500, roughly, before the purchase, and $1,000 afterward. That's a reduction in $4,500 and not $3,300.

To test this further I also attempted to purchase other upgrades when I had EXACTLY the amount required: Sneaky Sakai and some of the point multipliers. Each time the game crashed and reset, and then further attempts to purchase those same items resulted in the infinite 'Loading...' message. I'm not sure if the mathematical difference remains constant, only that the difference in cost between that listed for Ronald and that actually withdrawn is a 1.3636 (repeating) multiplier: 3,300*1.3636=4500, roughly.
Thursday1977

Postby admin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:43 pm

great info! Thanks, I think it'll be easier to fix the bug knowing it's related to the costs of the stuff in piggy bank.
admin
Site Admin

Postby szo » Thu May 09, 2013 9:27 pm

I checked it, and I can confirm: the amount of money taken from the piggy bank equals the specified price of the _next_ level of the item-type. I suspect a off-by-one type of error in an array access.
szo

Postby clemdup » Fri May 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi there,

same problem here with the store.

I've got the game from Humble Mobile Bundle, and I cannot find the game version anywhere in the menus. (maybe <1.07 ?)
I'm wondering if we can have an update for the humble bundle users ?

This game is really addictive, I need my 4th life container :)

Thanks guys

Clement
clemdup

Postby admin » Mon May 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Yes, we know it and it'll be fixed. The to-do list is a bit long now though :\

We'll let know once the fix is closer.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tech support for Android users and for Win / Mac / Linux Funky gamers