It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Laggy/unusuable mouse on Steam version of Anomaly-workaround

Anomaly Warzone Earth - all that relates to our game and Linux. Technicall support for Linux - if possible, that is.

Laggy/unusuable mouse on Steam version of Anomaly-workaround

Postby Sofox » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 pm

I recently got Anomaly on steam, but every time I started it up, regardless of whether it was fullscreen or windowed, the mouse would be incredibly laggy. I'd move the cursor over menu items but they wouldn't be hilighted. Then menu items I didn't have the cursor over would get momentarily hilighted, then I'd try to click on a button but it wouldn't work. Sometimes I could get it to respond by holding the cursor over the button and clicking multiple times and eventually it might respond.
I managed to get through two menus doing this, but when I reached my first tactical point, I couldn't change one of the route markers and was ready to give up.

Thankfully, I figured out a workaround. Since I hadn't heard of these problems before Steam, I assumed that was part of the problem and so disabled the Steam game overlay in the options menu of the Steam client. After that, Anomoly worked perfectly.

Code: Select all
Processor Information:
    Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    Speed: 2666 Mhz
    4 logical processors
    4 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Unsupported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Unsupported
    SSE42:  Unsupported

Network Information:
    Network Speed: 

Operating System Version:
    Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (32 bit)
    Kernel Name:  Linux
    Kernel Version:  3.2.0-37-generic-pae
    X Server vendor:  The X.Org Foundation
    X Server release:  11103000

Video Card:
    Driver:  NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 640/PCIe/SSE2

Driver Version:  4.3.0 NVIDIA 310.14
    Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
    VendorID:  0x10de
    DeviceID:  0xfc1
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    Primary Display Resolution:  1680 x 1050
    Desktop Resolution: 1680 x 1050
    Primary Display Size: 17.09" x 10.63"  (20.12" diag)
                                            43.4cm x 27.0cm  (51.1cm diag)
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 2048 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x 16x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Realtek ALC889A

Memory:
    RAM:  4026 Mb

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    LANG:  en_IE.UTF-8
    Microphone:  Not set
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  750966 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  612191 Mb

Installed software:

Recent Failure Reports:

Sofox

Re: Laggy/unusuable mouse on Steam version of Anomaly-workar

Postby Clark_Kent » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am

you welcome dude...!
Clark_Kent

Re: Laggy/unusuable mouse on Steam version of Anomaly-workar

Postby wimspree » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:48 am

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wimspree

High Rated Product Site

Postby FrankJScott » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:37 pm

Please try Google before asking about Top Rated Product Blog b9a8cdb
FrankJScott

Return to Anomaly Warzone Earth - all that relates to our game on Linux. Technicall support for Linux.